Dr. Manjiri Somashekhar
Lead & Senior Consultant - Paediatric Surgery
Dr. Manjiri Somashekhar is a Gold medalist Paediatric Surgeon with over 25 years of work experience in Advanced Complex Paediatric Surgery which consists of paediatric trauma, complex congenital anomalies, newborn surgery and Paediatric Onco surgery. She has performed over 15000 such complex procedures.
She has also been awarded the RK Gandhi Gold medal. She has also accomplished a certified training course on DaVinci Robotic Surgery.
Previous to her association with Aster Hospitals, she was working with Manipal Hospitals and was also a teaching faculty at Ramaiah Medical College, Bengaluru.
- Presented Scientific Papers at various National and international Paediatric Surgery Conferences.
- Several Scientific Publications – Original scientific research articles published in various national and international indexed peer-reviewed journals
- Invited Reviewer for various National and International indexed journal articles
- Conducted Cadaver Lab Paediatric Surgery training courses as course director
- Presented at BOOT CAMP-Exstrophy Bladder, conducted by JOHNS HOPKINS Medical School, Baltimore, USA (2019) Executive Member of IAPS chapter of Karnataka.
- PESI - pediatric endoscopic and minimal invasive surgery
- PSU - pediatric urology association.
- Minimal Access Paediatric Surgery
- (Thoracoscopy / Laparoscopy) New Born
- Surgeries – Complex Congenital Malformations
- Robotic Surgery in Children
- Paediatric Onco Surgery
- Paediatric Vascular Access (Hickman Catheter, Porta Cath Insertion)
- Paediatric Trauma
- Paediatric Urology.
- Throughout General Merit student with Gold medals and Distinctions.
- Gold Medalist (MCh and DNB Paediatric Surgery)
- First to receive DNB Gold medal in the field of Paediatric Surgery from NationalBoard. Recipient of RK Gandhi Gold Medal PG Teacher both in MS and MCh recognised by RGUHS PG Teacher for MCh Paediatric Surgery course at Ramaiah Medical College.
- MCh and DNB Paediatric Surgery examiner (Internal and external), also course assessor and examiner for National Board NBE
- Course director and organiser of several CMEs and Paediatric Surgery conferences and Paediatric Surgery MIS skill training courses