The Head and Neck oncology department at Aster International Institute of Oncology is a site-specific oncology unit providing comprehensive and personalized care to head and neck cancer patients. The department aims to provide the best oncological outcome for head and neck cancer patients with a focus on quality of life. The Head and Neck Surgery team work in close coordination with the multi-disciplinary team comprising medical oncology, radiation oncology, onco-pathology, radiology, nuclear medicine, pain & palliative medicine, plastic and reconstructive surgery, maxillofacial surgery, speech and swallow therapists to plan an individualized and evidence-based treatment for all head and neck cancer patients across stages and types.
Head and Neck tumors are a group of tumors occurring in a small but anatomically complex region, requiring a dedicated and skilled approach. In India, head and neck cancers are one of the most common cancers accounting for 20-25% of all cancers among men. The Head & Neck team has an extensive experience in the management of advanced tumors.
We treat Cancers of the:
- Lip & Mouth (Oral Cavity - Tongue, Buccal Mucosa, Hard Palate, Gums, Jaw Bones)
- Larynx (Voice Box)
- Pharynx (Throat)
- Nasal Cavity & Paranasal Sinus
- Skull Base
- Minor & Major Salivary Glands
- Thyroid & Parathyroid Glands
- Ear & Temporal Bone
- Sarcomas of the Head & Neck
- Melanoma & Non-Melanoma Skin Cancers.
Besides this, there are a number of non-cancerous lesions that can affect this region.
- Benign Tumors of the Mouth & Jaw
- Benign Tumors of Minor & Major Salivary Glands
- Schwannomas & Paragangliomas
- Hemangiomas & Vascular Malformations
- Parathyroid Adenoma.
The Head and Neck Surgery team at Aster International Institute of Oncology provides early detection and screening services. The team has expertise in the management of oral cancer, particularly advanced oral surgery, minimally invasive/endoscopic laser and open surgery for laryngeal cancer and voice rehabilitation, thyroid and parathyroid surgery, and nasal and paranasal sinus tumors. Majority of the patients present in advanced stages, affecting important functions like speech, swallowing, breathing, and cosmesis. The Head and Neck Surgery team employs modern reconstruction techniques to achieve the best possible functional outcome and quality of life. Along with plastic surgery and maxillofacial surgery, the team has experience in 3D planning and implant-based post-resection dental rehabilitation.
Contact Aster International Institute of Oncology to book your appointment with the best & leading Head & neck oncologist.
Services We Offer
- Early Detection & Screening of Oral Cancer
- Management of Lip & Oral Cavity Cancer
- Laryngeal Cancer & Voice Rehabilitation
- Oropharynx, Hypopharynx & Cervical Esophagus Cancer
- Nasopharynx Cancer
- Thyroid and Parathyroid Diseases
- Advanced Head & Neck Cancer
- Post-Treatment Recurrent Cancers
- Nasal Cavity & Paranasal Sinus Cancers
- Skull Base Tumors
- Minor & Major Salivary Gland Tumors
- Management of Benign & Malignant Neck Disease
- Benign Tumors of Head & Neck
- Defect Based Reconstruction of Head & Neck Region
- Complex Head & Neck Reconstruction including microvascular surgery.
- Image-guided surgery and reconstruction
- Micro laryngeal and endoscopic surgery
- Minimally invasive and robotic surgery
- Microsurgery reconstruction
- Intraoperative nerve monitoring
- 3-D model-based planning and dental rehabilitation.
The source of trustworthy health and medical information. Through this section, we provide research-based health information, and all that is happening in Aster Hospital.