Dr. Avinash Tupalli
Consultant – Nuclear Medicine and Therapy
Dr. Avinash Tupalli is a consultant in Nuclear Medicine, currently associated with Aster CMI Hospital, Bangalore. He completed his MBBS from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, and his post-graduation from Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bangalore. After completing his post-graduation training in Nuclear Medicine (Diplomate of National Board - DNB) in 2017, his further interest was to pursue a super-speciality course on Therapeutic Nuclear Medicine from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, and he is currently one of the few DM Therapeutic Nuclear Medicine-trained doctors in the country.
He is a member of SNM, ANMPI, and the Asian Nuclear Medicine Board. Dr. Avinash has received the prestigious President Gold Medal from the National Board of Examinations for securing the first position in DNB examinations. He has been awarded Fellow of the Asian Board of Nuclear Medicine, 2022, held at KSNM/ ARCCNM, Seoul, South Korea, as well as the best poster presentation award in the Nuclear Medicine Update Biennial Conference 2017, held in Singapore.
His areas of expertise are Theranostics related to Prostate Cancer (225Ac-PSMA & 177Lu-PSMA), Neuroendocrine Cancer (225Ac-DOTATATE & 177Lu- DOTATATE), Radio-iodine Therapy for Malignant and Benign Thyroid diseases, Radiosynovectomy, radionuclide Therapies for Pheochromocytoma / Paraganglioma; SIRT/TARE for liver tumors, PET/CT in Oncology, Cardiology and Neurology as well as General Nuclear Medicine scans.
Dr. Avinash has published several research papers in both national and international journals with high impact factors and has presented several oral and poster presentations in various conferences and CMEs.
- Theranostics related to Prostate Cancer (225Ac-PSMA & 177Lu-PSMA), Neuroendocrine Cancer (225Ac-DOTATATE & 177Lu- DOTATATE), Radio-iodine Therapy for Malignant and Benign Thyroid diseases, Radiosynovectomy, radionuclide Therapies for Pheochromocytoma / Paraganglioma; SIRT/TARE for liver tumors
- PET/CT in Oncology, Cardiology and Neurology
- General Nuclear Medicine scans
- Received the prestigious President's Gold Medal, DNB, from the National Board of Examinations for securing the 1st position in DNB examinations in 2018.
- Awarded Fellow of the Asian Board of Nuclear Medicine, 2022, held at KSNM/ ARCCNM, Seoul, South Korea.
- Awarded the best poster presentation award at the Nuclear Medicine Update Biennial Conference 2017, held in Singapore.
- SNM: India Permanent Member
- ANMPI: India Member
- Fellow - Asian Nuclear Medicine Board
- Tupalli A, Damle NA, Thankarajan AS, Mangu BS, Kumar A, Khan D, Sagar S, Bal C. An Unusual Case of Simultaneous Cricoid and Thyroid Cartilage Metastases from Prostatic Adenocarcinoma on 68Ga-PSMA PET/CT. Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2020 Feb;54(1):61-62. doi: 10.1007/s13139-019-00625-7. Epub 2019 Dec 18. PMID: 32206134; PMCID: PMC7062982.
- Tupalli A, Harish NN, Kumar A, Thankarajan AS, Tripathi M, Chandrasekhar B. Oral Administration of 18F-Fluorodeoxyglucose as a Possible and Acceptable Alternative Route in Patients with Difficult Intravenous Access. Indian J Nucl Med. 2019 Apr-Jun;34(2):176-177. doi: 10.4103/ijnm.IJNM_17_19. PMID: 31040540; PMCID: PMC6481195.
- Tupalli A, Angamuthu M, Prashanth A, Singh R, Kumar R. Intraosseous Medullary Fat Necrosis on 99mTc-MDP Bone Scan of Patient With Acute Pancreatitis. Clin Nucl Med. 2020 Jun;45(6):e294-e295. doi: 10.1097/RLU.0000000000003022. PMID: 32332310.
- Prabhu M, Tupalli A, Venkataramarao SH, Raju N. Multiple Paragangliomas at Unusual Sites Detected on 18F-FDG PET CT. SAJ Case Reports 2018;5:1–3. https://doi.org/10.18875/2375-7043.5.203.
- Hemrom A, Tupalli A, Kumar A, Mohan N, Kumar R. Chylopericardium Due to Residual Lymphangiomyoma Detected on 99mTc-Sulfur Colloid Lymphoscintigraphy. Clin Nucl Med. 2021 Mar 1;46(3):236-237. doi: 10.1097/RLU.0000000000003472. PMID: 33323742.
- Hemrom A, Tupalli A, Alavi A, Kumar R. 18F-FDG Versus Non-FDG PET Tracers in Multiple Myeloma. PET Clin. 2022 Jul;17(3):415-430. doi: 10.1016/j.cpet.2022.03.001. PMID: 35717100.
- Ballal S, Yadav MP, Moon ES, Roesch F, Kumari S, Agarwal S, Tripathi M, Sahoo RK, Mangu BS, Tupalli A, Bal C. Novel Fibroblast Activation Protein Inhibitor-Based Targeted Theranostics for Radioiodine-Refractory Differentiated Thyroid Cancer Patients: A Pilot Study. Thyroid. 2022 Jan;32(1):65-77. doi: 10.1089/thy.2021.0412. Epub 2021 Dec 31. PMID: 34641705.
- Bal C, Satapathy S, Tupalli A, Ballal S. Propensity Score Matched Outcome Analysis of Lobar Ablation Versus Completion Thyroidectomy in Low-Risk Differentiated Thyroid Cancer Patients: Median Follow-Up of 11 Years. Thyroid. 2022 Oct;32(10):1220-1228. doi: 10.1089/thy.2022.0234. Epub 2022 Sep 22. PMID: 35983596.
- Satapathy, S, Tupalli, A, Chandekar, KR, Ballal, S, Bal, C. Radioiodine versus no radioiodine outcomes in low-risk differentiated thyroid cancers: a propensity-score matched analysis. Clin Endocrinol. 2023; 1- 9. doi:10.1111/cen.14950