Dr. C N Patil
Dr. C N Patil is one of the best and renowned oncologists working at Aster Hospitals, Bangalore with over more than 20 years of experience in Medical Oncology. He has completed his DM with a gold medal from Adyar Cancer Institute. He worked as assistant professor post-specialization.
Dr. Patil is an expert in Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation. He is well known for management of complex cases of Breast and Ovarian Cancer. His areas of interest include gastrointestinal, genitourinary malignancies, germ cell tumors and Myeloma . Dr. Patil also has published research papers in international journals. He commands huge respect from colleagues and patients alike.
He is well appreciated for his clarity and compassion.
Dr. Patil has trained several students in the field of Medical oncology and continues to do so.
- Breast and ovarian cancer management
- Lung cancer
- Gastrointestinal malignancies
- Genitourinary malignancies
Publications & Paper Presentation
- Clinical presentation and outcome of paediatric ovarian germ cell tumor: a study of 40 patients. Biswajit D, Patil CN, Sagar TG. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2010 Mar;32(2):e54-6.
- Scalp metastasis from squamous cell carcinoma of the lung. Channappa Patil, Harish Permi Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics - July-September 2010 - Volume 6 - Issue 3: 402-403
- Uncommon manifestations of endocervical Malignant Mixed Mullerian tumor with incidental bilateral fallopian tube carcinoma. Kishan Prasad H L, J H Makannavar, Jayaprakash Shetty, Vinutha, Channappa Patil, Harish S Permi. J Lab Physicians 2011;3:52-5
- Malignant ectomesenchymoma of the nasal cavity. Patil CN, Cyriac S, Majhi U, Rajendranath R, Sagar TG. Indian J Med Paediatr Oncol 2011;32:242-3
- Ovarian Germ Cell Tumors: Cancer Institute (WIA). Adyar experience over 10 years including QOL data. Rejiv Rajendranath, C N Patil, G K Mathew, V Sridevi, T G Sagar, V Shanta. Indian J Med Paediatr Oncol. Vol 30 suppl 1, 2009, 32
- Mesenchymal hamartoma of the chest wall- mimicker of malignancy. Sunil Kumar Yeshvanth, Veena Shivamurthy, Channappa Patil, Sandeep Rai, Kishan Prasad H. Lakshminarayana, Jagadish H. Makannavar. Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics - October-December 2011 - Volume 7 - Issue 4
- Aggressive monophasic sarcomatoid carcinoma of small intestine-A rare case report with review of literature. Shetty K. Padma, Harish S. Permi, C.N.Patil, Michelle Mathias. NUJHS Vol.2, No.1, March 2012, ISSN 2249-2251
- Bilateral Acute Ptosis Leading to the Diagnosis of a Presumed Metastatic Gastric Adenocarcinoma. Vinathi Mutyala, Sukhdeep Bains, Channappa Patil, and Bhanumathi Madhavarao. Orbit, April 2012, Vol. 31, No. 2 : Pages 134-136
- Superior venacava obstruction as manifestation of synovial cell sarcoma : a case report and review of literature. Pravesh Dhiman, CN Patil, Renu Raghupathi. Int J Res Med Sci. 2017 Apr; 5(4):1721-1723
- Sensorineural deafness : An uncommon irreversible adverse effect of bortezomib. Parameswaran Anoop, Channappa N Patil, Vaishnavi S Joshi, Poonam Maurya, Pradeep Hosamani. Indian J of Cancer.2016 , vol 53, issue 3: Page 459
- Concurrent hairy cell leukemia and chronic lymphocytic leukemia: Diagnostic and therapeutic implications. Anoop P, Patil CN, Sandhya V, Dhande S, Janardan K, Ahlawat S. Indian J Med Pediatr Oncol
- Refractory Autoimmune Hematological Presentations of Undiagnosed Tuberculosis. Anoop P, e2w4t7uorfut866jt0yba R. J Assoc Physicians Ind. 2021 Sep;69(9):11-12.
- Halving Time of BCR-ABLkt5;foij’/[rf5trnkoojihgc0rds bvfs1 in Chronic Myeloid Leukemia: Is It Better Than Day-90 Value-A Multicenter Study From South India. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. Karpurmath SV, Seshachalam A, Selvaraj K, Rajamani P, Kumar S, Reddy N, Malipatil B, Sirigeri R, Prasad K, Reddy K, Danthala M, Udupa KS, Nandennavar M, Murugesan J, Patil CN, Anoop P, Jacob RK, Kalashetty M, Rathnam K, Ganapathy R. 2020 May;20(5):e205-e211.
- Does Interim PET Scan After 2 Cycles of ABVD Predict Outcome in Hodgkin Lymphoma? Real-World Evidence. Seshachalam A, Karpurmath SV, Rathnam K, Raman SG, Janarthinakani M, Prasad K, Patil C, Anoop P, Reddy N, Anumula SK, Roopa SP, Golamari KR, Danthala M, Gunari P, Malipatil B, Rangarajan B, Udupa KS,
- Nandennavar M, Niraimathi K, Shewade HD. J Glob Oncol. 2019 Nov;5:1-13.
- Bone marrow limited diffuse large B-cell lymphoma following prolonged immunosuppressive therapy with methotrexate and corticosteroids. Dhiman P, Anoop P, Patil CN. South Asian J Cancer. 2018 Jul-Sep;7(3):192.
- An uncommon irreversible adverse effect of bortezomib. Anoop P, Patil CN, Joshi VS, Maurya P, Hosamani P. Sensorineural deafness: Indian J Cancer. 2016 Jul-Sep;53(3):459.
- An unusual location of Primary Extradural Meningioma. Dhiman P, Patil CN. J Assoc Physicians India. 2019.PMID 30935180
- Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma of Parotid Gland: A Diagnostic Challenge. Aishwarya JG, Patil CN. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2019. PMID 31742016
- Drug-induced infiltrative lung disease with weely paclitaxel in breast cancer: Case series. Raghupathi R, Patil CN . J Cancer Res Ther. 2021. PMID 33723166
- Synchronous bilateral medullary carcinoma of breast: is it metastasis or second primary ? Chandrika, Harish Permi, H L Kridhna Prasad, Rajashekhar Mohan, K Jayaprakash Shetty, Channappa Patil. J Cancer Res Ther.2012 Jan-Mar; 8 (1):129-31