Dr. Girish S. Shetkar
Consultant - Head & Neck Oncology
Dr. Girish S. Shetkar is a Consultant of Head & Neck Surgical Oncology at Aster CMI Hospital with over 13 yrs of experience in head and neck surgical oncology and reconstruction. He completed his BDS from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru, MDS (Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery) from Meenakshi University, Chennai, and Fellowship in Head & Neck Surgical Oncology from Mazumdar-Shaw Cancer Center & Narayana Multispecialty Hospital, Bengaluru.
His practice is exclusively dedicated to the field of Head & Neck Surgical Oncology and Reconstruction for the last 13 years. He is one of the first Facio-Maxillary Surgeons in the country to be trained in a Fellowship program in Head & Neck Surgical Oncology within India.
He has a special interest in the management of advanced and very advanced Head & Neck Cancer, and complex Head & Neck reconstruction and rehabilitation. He has worked as a Consultant, Head & Neck Oncology at Narayana Multispecialty Hospitals, Ahmedabad, and at Cytecare Cancer Hospitals, Bengaluru before joining Aster CMI Hospital. He has served as the Founder Honorary Treasurer of the Karnataka State Chapter of the Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons of India.
- Oral Cavity & Oropharyngeal Cancer.
- Paranasal & Skull Base Tumors.
- Thyroid & Salivary Gland Tumors.
- Advanced & Very Advanced and Recurrent Head & Neck Cancers.
- Complex Head & Neck Reconstruction with Local, Locoregional, & Regional Flaps, Microvascular Surgery and Rehabilitation.
- Has several Scientific Publications in peer-reviewed National & International Journals.
- Has been a Guest Speaker, Expert Panelist, Chairperson and Judge at several State, National & International Conferences.
- ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research) travelling scholarship for non-ICMR young Scientist to present an Oral Paper at the 4th World Congress of the International Academy of Oral Oncology in Greece, 2013.
- Best Paper Award at the 15th Annual Conference of the Foundation for Head and Neck Oncology of India (FHNO) in Nagpur, 2015.
- Best Research Paper Award at the 17th Annual Conference of Skull Base Society of India and a combined meeting of the Foundation for Head and Neck Oncology of India (FHNO) in Bangalore, 2015.
- Research Fellow at the Australia and Asia Pacific Clinical Oncology Research Development (ACORD), Australia, 2018.
- Foundation for Head and Neck Oncology of India (FHNO).
- Trustee for International Academy of Oral Oncology (IAOO) (India Chapter) - Indian Association of Oral Oncology.
- Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons of India (AOMSI).
- Karnataka State Chapter of Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons of India.