Dr. Nischal Kundaragi
Consultant - Interventional Radiology
Dr. Nischal G K is a consultant interventional radiologist at Aster CMI Hospital with 12 years of experience. He specializes in various Vascular and Non vascular interventions and diagnostic procedures. Dr. Nischal has previously worked at some of the best corporate hospitals in Chennai and Bengaluru.
Dr. Nischal attained his post-graduation (MDRD) from the prestigious Government medical college and Hospital, Nagpur (One of the few government medical colleges in India to have Interventional Radiology facility). He has completed his DNB, as a Fellow of the Royal College of Radiology (FRCR), London, UK and has completed a fellowship in guided interventions in Seoul, South Korea. And also completed European board of Interventional Radiology (EBIR).
- Interventional Radiology and Interventional oncology
- All Lines and ports (perm cath, PICC line, chemoport, Hickman line etc).
- All organ, ultrasound / CT scan guided FNAC, biopsies and drainage procedures – Liver, kidney, lung, thyroid, breast, adrenal, lymphnode etc.
- Bronchial artery embolization (BAE).
- Pulmonary artery embolization and stenting.
- Transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) and transarterial radioembolization (TARE, Y90) including Lung shunting for Inoperable liver cancers.
- Tumour / cancer ablation - Microwave ablation, Radiofrequency ablation (RFA), and ethanol ablation --- liver, kidney, lung, thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal and bone tumors.
- Percutaneous transhepatic biliary drainage (PTBD) and stenting (Plastic and metallic stents).
- Trans jugular intrahepatic porto-systemic shunt (TIPS) and DIPS.
- Trans jugular liver biopsy and pressure measurements (TJLB and HVPG).
- Portal vein embolization (PVE) and stenting.
- Balloon-Occluded Retrograde Transvenous Obliteration (BRTO), coil-assisted retrograde transvenous obliteration
- (CARTO), Porto-systemic shunt coiling for Gastro-intestinal bleeding and hepatic encephalopathy.
- Hepatobiliary and GI angiographies, coiling and GI vascular stenting.
- All types of body (neck to toe) vascular embolization (coil, PVA, glue etc).
- Post-transplant (Liver and kidney) complications management – Vascular and non-vascular complications.Peripheral vascular (Arterial and venous) angiographies, thrombolysis, mechanical thrombectomy, and stenting. IVC filter placement.
- Hysterosalphingography (HSG) & FTR
- All type of percutaneous drainage & catheter placement, percutaneous nephrostomy (PCN) and DJ stenting.
- Laser ablation of varicose veins. Sclerotherapy and glue injection of varicose veins.
- All paediatric vascular (Angiography embolization, sclerotherapy, plasty/stenting etc) and non-vascular intervention (USG/CT guided procedures).
- Ultrasound, Contrast enhanced US – Liver, kidney, thyroid etc. Elastography.
- All Doppler - Including intra-operative transplant liver and kidney.
- CT, MRI, Radiographs and special contrast investigations.
- YOUNG INVESTIGATORS SCHOLARSHIP AWARD for paper presentation from Korean Congress of Radiology (KSR) 2009 Seoul, South Korea.
- 1ST IN QUIZ conducted by Indian College of Radiology and Imaging (ICRI) in "ICRI 2009 IMAGING UPDATE" held on 8th and 9th august 2009 at Nagpur, India.
- 1ST IN NEURORADIOLOGY QUIZ conducted by Vidarbha chapter MSBIRIA in "resident education course (REC)
- Neuroradiology" held on 22nd Feb 2010 at GMC Nagpur.
- APPRECIATION AWARD for participating in interventional radiology quiz conducted in "63rd annual congress of IRIA 2010" held between 23rd and 26th January 2010 at Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- BRONZE PRIZE AND HONORARY MENTION AWARD for Unforgettable ultrasound in 44th Korean Society of Ultrasound in Medicine (KSUM), 2013, Seoul, South Korea.
- Runner up prize in Interventional Radiology quiz in ISVIR 2016 conference, Bengaluru, India.
- Indian radiological and imaging association (IRIA) and
- Indian society of Vascular Interventional radiology (ISVIR).
- Karnataka branch of ISVIR
- Cardiovascular And Interventional Radiological Society Of Europe (CIRSE)
- Society Of Interventional Radiology (SIR)
- The Asia Pacific Society Of Cardiovascular And Interventional Radiology (APSCVIR
Over 12 Publications In Highly Reputed Journals:
- Kundaragi NG, Rachapalli V, Uthappa MC. Measurement of Inferior Vena Cava to Shunt Distance in Deciding Access Route for Balloon-Occluded Retrograde Transvenous Obliteration Procedure: A Pilot Study. Am J Interv Radiol 2018, 2(16) 1-9. (Technical innovation).
- Kundaragi NG, Bhat N, NK Anupama, Kale S. Active overt obscured gastrointestinal bleeding due to ectasia of the anterior inferior pancreaticoduodenal artery and its endovascular management in a treated case of superior mesenteric artery stenosis. J Clin Interv Radiol.
- Singhal S, Kundaragi N, Jaganathan S, Uthappa MC, Sebastian B. Inadvertent Dialysis Catheter - An Interventional Bailout!. J Clin Interv Radiol.
- Kundaragi NG, Ganjoo N. Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt Creation in Situs Inversus Totalis - A Case Report. Am J Interv Radiol 2018, 2(11) 1-3.
- Kundaragi NG, Asthana S, Reddy J, Lochan R. Hepatic arterial communicating arcades – Cases series and review of literature. Radiology Journal
- Kundaragi NG, Vinayagam S, Mudali S. Stretched bowel sign in combined transmesocolic and transomental internal hernia: A case report and review of literature. Indian journal of Radiology and Imaging, 2014 may; 24(2):171-174.
- Kundaragi NG, Mudali S, Karpagam B, Priya R. Intracranially protruded bilateral posterior and superior SCCs with multiple dehiscences in a patient with positional vertigo: CT and MR imaging findings and review of the literature. Indian Journal of Radiology and Imaging, 2014 Nov;24(4):406-9.
- Kundaragi NG, Taori K, Jathar C, Disawal A. Fibrochondrogenesis, an antenatal and postnatal correlation. J Clin Imaging Sci. 2012;2:5.
- Kundaragi NG, Taori K, Disawal A, Jathar C, Vaghasiya D. Lissencephaly with bilateral complete cleft lip and palate: an early second-trimester diagnosis. J Ultrasound Med. 2012 Jan;31(1):123-5.
- Kundaragi NG, Taori K, Kumawat R, Rathod J, Sawant AE. Ellis van Creveld syndrome with synpolydactyly, an antenatal diagnosis with postnatal correlation. J Clin Imaging Sci. 2011;1:59.
- Taori K, Kundaragi NG, Disawal A, Jathar C, Gaur PP, Rathod J, Patil V. Imaging features of extracranial parapharyngeal space meningioma: case report. Iran J Radiol. 2011 Nov;8(3):176-81.