Dr. Vijay K Ahuja
Senior Advisor, Gynaecologic Oncology Services, Bengaluru Cluster & Head of Academics, Aster International Institute of Oncology
Dr. Vijay K Ahuja is a renowned Gynaecologic Oncologist and has 40 years of experience in the field of Gynaecologic Oncology. He completed his MBBS and MD from Marathwada University, Aurangabad, Maharashtra following which he completed his postdoctoral training in Gyn. Oncology at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, the University of Graz, Austria. He underwent Extended Professional Training in Gynaecologic Oncology at Klinniken Essen Mitte, Essen, Germany and has also done observership in the Regional Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Gateshead, New Castle, U.K. and in the Gynaecologic Oncology service, Lund University, Sweden. He has been awarded a certification in "Leadership Strategies for a High-Performing Health Care System" from the Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, USA.
Prior to joining Aster Hospitals, Dr Vijay was a Consultant, Gynaecologic Oncology and incharge of academics (oncology) at Manipal Comprehensive Cancer Center, Bengaluru. In his professional journey, he has also worked with several national and international healthcare organizations which include Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore Institute of Oncology (HCG), African Oncology Institute, Sabratha and the Hamad Medical Corporation, Doha, Qatar.
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Member of the Specialists Board for DrNB (Gyn. Oncology), National Board of Examinations, New Delhi
- President Association of Gynecologic Oncologists of India. (2019-2022)
- Chairman of the Gynaecologic Oncology Tumour Board for the State of Qatar(2014-2015)
- Chairman of Gynaecologic Oncology Multi-disciplinary Team, Hamad Medical Corporation, Doha.(2012-2015)
- Member of Editorial Board, Indian Journal of Gynecologic Oncology, published by Springer
- Reviewer for the Indian Journal of Cancer, Indian Journal of Gynaecologic Oncology and the Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology
- Association of Gynaecologic Oncologists of India
- Asia Oceania Research Organization on Genital Infections & Neoplasia (India)
- Indian Society of Peritoneal Surface Malignancies
- American society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- European society of Gynecologic Oncology (ESGO)