Dr. Anoop P
Dr. Anoop P is a Senior Consultant Haematologist, Haemato-Oncologist, Paediatric Haemato-Oncologist and Bone Marrow Transplant Physician, with over 18 years of experience in these super-specialities. He provides tertiary referral services for malignant haematology (adults & children), non-malignant haematology (adults & children) and solid tumours (children).
Dr. Anoop P is UK-trained in the super-specialities of Haematology, Paediatric Haemato-Oncology and BMT with clinical experience from globally reputed Haemato-Oncology centres in London including Royal Marsden Hospital, St George’s Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital. Following completion of MBBS and MD degrees from India, Dr. Anoop P underwent higher specialist training in Haemato-Oncology from the UK. He worked for 9 years, mostly in London. Additionally, he has also worked short stints at Warwickshire and Derbyshire. He has trained under and worked with many internationally renowned experts in the field of Haematology and Oncology.
He has been a Senior Consultant in Bangalore since 2012, with many academic presentations and years of teaching & mentoring experience. He is known to provide ethical and up-to-date scientific-based treatment, as evidenced by numerous patient testimonials.
Haematological cancers in adults and children - leukaemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS), myeloproliferative disorders (MPD).
Non-malignant (benign) haematological disorders – aplastic anaemia, inherited bone marrow failure syndromes, immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP), autoimmune haemolytic anaemia, iron deficiency anaemia, thalassaemia, sickle cell anaemia, megaloblastic anaemia, hereditary & acquired bleeding disorders, thrombosis, anticoagulation.
Solid organ cancers in children – neuroblastoma, Wilms’ tumour & other kidney malignancies, brain tumour, hepatoblastoma, germ cell tumour, soft tissue sarcoma, osteosarcoma.
Bone marrow transplantation – Autologous and allogeneic BMT in adults & children.
Dr. Anoop P is well known in the academic field, with over 60 publications in reputed international medical journals indexed by Medline/PubMed. In addition, he is a reviewer for journals such as Hematology, Pediatric Hematology & Oncology, International Journal of Hematology, Indian Pediatrics and Journal of Pediatric Hematology & Oncology. He has presented topics at scientific meetings on lymphoma (Lugano, Switzerland), leukemia (London, UK), stem cell mobilisation (Baltimore, USA), autoimmune haemolytic anemia (Guildford, UK) and clinical trials (Oslo, Norway).
He is an active member of many professional bodies including Indian Academy of Paediatrics (IAP), British Society for Haematology (BSH), Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health (RCPCH), Haematology division of the Royal College of Pathologists (RCPath), European Haematology Association (EHA), Indian Society of Haematology and Blood Transfusion (ISHBT), Paediatric Haemato-Oncology Chapter of Indian Academy of Paediatrics (IAP-PHO).
Below is his list of over 60 publications in Medline (the updated list of publications is available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Anoop%20P%22%20%5BAuthor%5D).
1. Anoop P, Patil CN, Moger R, Shivakumar S, Aurangabadwala RK, Mehta R. Refractory Autoimmune Hematological Presentations of Undiagnosed Tuberculosis. J Assoc Physicians Ind. 2021 Sep;69(9):11-12.
2. Karpurmath SV, Seshachalam A, Selvaraj K, Rajamani P, Kumar S, Reddy N, Malipatil B, Sirigeri R, Prasad K, Reddy K, Danthala M, Udupa KS, Nandennavar M, Murugesan J, Patil CN, Anoop P, Jacob RK, Kalashetty M, Rathnam K, Ganapathy R. Halving Time of BCR-ABL1 in Chronic Myeloid Leukemia: Is It Better Than Day-90 Value-A Multicenter Study From South India. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2020 May;20(5):e205-e211.
3. Seshachalam A, Karpurmath SV, Rathnam K, Raman SG, Janarthinakani M, Prasad K, Patil C, Anoop P, Reddy N, Anumula SK, Roopa SP, Golamari KR, Danthala M, Gunari P, Malipatil B, Rangarajan B, Udupa KS, Nandennavar M, Niraimathi K, Shewade HD. Does Interim PET Scan After 2 Cycles of ABVD Predict Outcome in Hodgkin Lymphoma? Real-World Evidence. J Glob Oncol. 2019 Nov;5:1-13.
4. Dhiman P, Anoop P, Patil CN. Bone marrow limited diffuse large B-cell lymphoma following prolonged immunosuppressive therapy with methotrexate and corticosteroids. South Asian J Cancer. 2018 Jul-Sep;7(3):192.
5. Kabadi K, Anoop P, Sandhya V, Murthy GK. Intracranial granulocytic sarcoma as the first presentation of chronic myeloid leukemia in chronic phase. J Neurooncol. 2017 Sep;134(2):473-474.
6. Mehta R, Biraris P, Shivakumar S, Misra S, Anoop P, T SJ. Transesophageal bronchoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration (EUS-B-FNA)-Pushing the boundaries in the diagnosis. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2017 Nov;52(11):E91-E93.
7. Anoop P, Patil CN, Joshi VS, Maurya P, Hosamani P. Sensorineural deafness: An uncommon irreversible adverse effect of bortezomib. Indian J Cancer. 2016 Jul-Sep;53(3):459.
8. Anoop P, Malmande V, Prakash Kumar MN, Rao N. Successful penile reconstruction following prior arteriovenous loop thrombosis due to undiagnosed protein-S deficiency and exogenous testosterone. Indian J Plast Surg. 2016 May-Aug;49(2):268-270.
9. Straathof K, Anoop P, Allwood Z, Silva J, Nikolajeva O, Chiesa R, Veys P, Amrolia PJ, Rao K. Long-term outcome following cyclosporine-related neurotoxicity in paediatric allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2017 Jan;52(1):159-162.
10. Cruikshank M, Anoop P, Nikolajeva O, Rao A, Rao K, Gilmour K, Eleftheriou D, Brogan PA. Screening assays for primary hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH) in children presenting with suspected macrophage activation syndrome. Pediatr Rheumatol. 2015 Nov 16;13(48):1-9.
11. Anoop P, Roohi S. Acquired alpha thalassemia associated with erythroleukemia (AML M6). Am J Hematol. 2014 Jan;89(1):114-115.
12. Anoop P. Immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP): historical perspective, current status, recent advances and future directions. Indian Pediatr. 2012 Oct;49(10):811-818.
13. Anoop P, Sankpal S, Stiller C, Tewari S, Lancaster DL, Khabra K, Taj MM. Outcome of childhood relapsed or refractory mature B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma (B-NHL) and acute lymphoblastic leukemia (B-ALL). Leuk Lymphoma. 2012 Oct;53(10):1882-1888.
14. Anoop P, Lancaster DL, Rassam SM, Atra A. Florid erythroid dysplasia mimicking congenital dyserythropoietic anemia during the preleukemic phase of acute erythroleukemia. Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2012 Mar;29(2):173-175.
15. Anoop P, Atra A. Prominent megakaryocytic dysplasia after regression of transient abnormal myelopoiesis associated with GATA-1 mutation. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2012 Nov;34(8):640-641.
16. Anjay MA, Sasidharan CK, Anoop P. Hepatic subcapsular hematoma: two neonates with disparate presentations. Pediatr Neonatol. 2012 Apr;53(2):144-146.
17. Anoop P, Shaw BE, Riley U, Ethell ME, Taj M, Lancaster DL, Atra A, Saso R, Littlewood S, Mohammed K, Davies F, Treleaven J, Morgan GJ, Potter MN. Clinical profile and outcome of urotheliotropic viral haemorrhagic cystitis following haematopoietic stem cell transplantation: a 7-year tertiary centre analysis. Hematology. 2011 Jul;16(4):213-220.
18. Islam MS, Anoop P. Current concepts in the management of stroke in children with sickle cell disease. Childs Nerv Syst. 2011 Jul;27(7):1037-1043.
19. Anoop P, Riley U, Ethell ME, Treleaven J, Johnson EM, Morgan GJ, Potter MN. First report of fatal human infections with the cactophilic yeast Sporopachydermia cereana. J Infect. 2011 Apr;62(4):311-313.
20. Ravindran V, Anoop P. Rheumatologic manifestations of benign and malignant haematological disorders. Clin Rheumatol. 2011 Sep;30(9):1143-1149.
21. Anoop P, Lancaster DL, Atra A. Osteolytic presentation of pediatric acute megakaryoblastic leukemia (AML M7). Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2011 Sep;28(6):526-528.
22. Islam MS, Anoop P. Characteristic distribution of iron in the bone marrow after parenteral iron therapy. Int J Lab Hematol. 2011 Feb;33(1):109-110.
23. Aabideen K, Anoop P, Ethell ME, Potter MN. The feasibility of plerixafor as a second-line stem cell mobilizing agent in children. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2011 Jan;33(1):65-67.
24. Islam MS, Anoop P, Gordon-Smith EC, Rice P, Datta-Nemdharry P, Marsh JC. Epstein-Barr virus infections after allogeneic stem cell transplantation: a comparison between non-malignant and malignant hematological disorders. Hematology. 2010 Oct;15(5):344-350.
25. Addada J, Anoop P, Swansbury JG, Wotherspoon A, Thomas JM, Matutes E. Synchronous mantle cell lymphoma, chronic lymphocytic leukaemia and melanoma in a single lymph node. Acta Haematol. 2010;123(3):194-196.
26. Islam MS, Anoop P. Images in hematology. Transient erythrocyte changes caused by infiltration of liver by plasma cell leukemia. Am J Hematol. 2011 Jan;86(1):67-68.
27. Anoop P, Saso R, Atra A. Carcinomatous infiltration of cerebrospinal fluid with reactive lymphocytosis and granulocytosis. Am J Hematol. 2010 Oct;85(10):791-792.
28. Islam MS, Anoop P, Rice P, Benjamin R, Datta-Nemdharry P, Gordon-Smith EC, Marsh JC. Early cytomegalovirus infections following allogeneic stem cell transplantation: a comparison between non-malignant and malignant haematological disorders. Hematology. 2010 Feb;15(1):4-10.
29. Anoop P, Stanford M, Saso R, Dearden CE. Ocular and cerebral aspergillosis in a non-neutropenic patient following alemtuzumab and methyl prednisolone treatment for chronic lymphocytic leukaemia. J Infect Chemother. 2010 Apr;16(2):150-151.
30. Anoop P, Wotherspoon A, Matutes E. Severe liver dysfunction from hepatitis C virus reactivation following alemtuzumab treatment for chronic lymphocytic leukaemia. Br J Haematol. 2010 Feb;148(3):484-486.
31. Anoop P, Chappell P, Kulkarni S, Shirley JA. Evaluation of an immunoturbidimetric D-dimer assay and pretest probability score for suspected venous thromboembolism in a district hospital setting. Hematology. 2009 Oct;14(5):305-310.
32. Islam MS, Anoop P, Datta-Nemdharry P, Sage D, Gordon-Smith EC, Turner D, Wiltshire S, O’Regan L, Marsh JC. Implications of CD34+ cell dose on clinical and haematological outcome of allo-SCT for acquired aplastic anaemia. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2010 May;45(5):886-894.
33. Anoop P, Ravindranathan G, Osuji N, Dearden CE, Wotherspoon A, Bain BJ, Matutes E. Epstein-Barr virus negative large B-cell lymphoma during long term immunomodulatory therapy for T-cell large granular lymphocytic leukaemia. Br J Haematol. 2010 Jan;148(2):337-339.
34. Anoop P, Atra A. Abnormal hematopoiesis with lysosomal vesicles and giant granules in Chediak-Higashi syndrome. Am J Hematol. 2010 May;85(5):361-362.
35. Anoop P, Parker-Williams J. Morphological diagnosis of abetalipoproteinemia and the importance of a freshly prepared peripheral smear. Eur J Haematol. 2009 Dec 1;83(6):606-607.
36. Anoop P, Anjay MA. Towards evidence based medicine for paediatricians. Role of antibiotic line locks in the treatment of infected central venous access devices. Arch Dis Child. 2009 Jul;94(7):556-559.
37. Anoop P. Near total effacement of bone marrow by medulloblastoma. Am J Hematol. 2010 Feb;85(2):128-129.
38. Anoop P, Bevan DH, Chakrabarti S. Usefulness and limitations of Bayesian network model as a mortality risk assessment tool in sickle cell anemia. Am J Hematol. 2009 May;84(5):312-313.
39. Anoop P, Lancaster DL, Ethell ME, Potter MN, Wotherspoon A. Relapse of primitive mediastinal lymphoma as a myeloid mass following beam autologous transplant and subsequent refractoriness to matched unrelated umbilical cord blood allograft. Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2009 Mar;26(2):93-99.
40. Anoop P. Variations in the treatment threshold for immune thrombocytopenic purpura. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2009 Mar;52(3):429-430.
41. Anoop P, Hargrave D, Zacharoulis S, Saran F. Diagnostic and therapeutic challenges owing to concurrent pontine glioma and acute lymphoblastic leukemia. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2008 Jun;30(6):454-457.
42. Anoop P, Vaidya SJ, Mycroft J. Methotrexate rechallenge following delayed clearance and life-threatening toxicity. Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2008 Mar;25(2):119-121.
43. Anjay MA, Anoop P. Diagnostic utility of rapid immunochromatographic urine antigen testing in suspected pneumococcal infections. Arch Dis Child. 2008 Jul;93(7):628-631.
44. Anoop P. Decision to perform bone marrow aspiration in immune thrombocytopenic purpura must be based on evidence. Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2008 Jan-Feb;25(1):91-93.
45. Anjay MA, Anoop P, Britland A. Leukocytosis as a predictor for progression to haemolytic uraemic syndrome in Escherichia coli O157:H7 infection. Arch Dis Child. 2007 Sep;92(9):820-823.
46. Anoop P, Vaidya SJ, Zacharoulis S, Hargrave D. On-treatment relapse of medulloblastoma as prolonged pyrexia of unknown origin. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 2007 May;29(5):347-348.
47. Anoop P, Anjay MA. Febrile neutropenia: transition towards a risk-directed approach. Arch Dis Child. 2007 May;92(5):467-468.
48. Anjay MA, Anoop P. Tuberculous meningitis: more evidence for protective effect of BCG. Arch Dis Child. 2007 Mar;92(3):277.
49. Vasu CK, Rajendran VR, Regi George AN, Anoop P, Anjay MA. Progressive facial disfigurement and deafness in craniometaphyseal dysplasia. Indian J Pediatr. 2006 Dec;73(12):1105-1106.
50. Sasidharan CK, Gokul E, Anoop P, Vijayakumar M. Benefits of maternal participation in newborn nurseries. Indian J Pediatr. 2005 Oct;72(10):829-833.
51. Anoop P, Anjay MA, Rajendran VR, Vasu CK, Regi George AN. A dancer with an unusual cause of neck pain. Indian J Pediatr. 2004 Oct;71(10):948-950.
52. Rajendran VR, Vasu CK, Regi George AN, Anjay MA, Anoop P. Unilateral internal jugular phlebectasia. Indian J Pediatr. 2004 Aug;71(8):751-753.
53. Prasoon PM, Akbar Sherif VS, Babu PR, Regi George AN, Anoop P. Wilms’ tumor in a solitary kidney complicated by chemotherapy induced obstructive uropathy. Indian J Pediatr. 2004 May;71(5):465-467.
54. Sasidharan CK, Anoop P, Vijayakumar M, Jayakrishnan MP, Reetha G, Sindhu TG. Spectrum of clinical presentations of vein of Galen aneurysm. Indian J Pediatr. 2004 May;71(5):459-463.
55. Anoop P, Anjay MA. Bilateral benign haemorrhagic adrenal cysts in Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome: case report. East Afr Med J. 2004 Jan;81(1):59-60.
56. Riyaz A, Riyaz N, Anoop P, Chandni B, Noushad K. Hemihypertrophy and primary small intestinal lymphangiectasia in incontinentia pigmenti achromians. Indian J Pediatr. 2004 Oct;71(10):946-947.
57. Anoop P, Anjay MA, Vincent J, Girija B. Fulminant citrobacter meningitis with multiple periventricular abscesses in a three-month-old infant. Braz J Infect Dis. 2003 Dec;7(6):429-432.
58. Anoop P, Sasidharan CK. Patent ductus arteriosus in fetal valproate syndrome. Indian J Pediatr. 2003 Aug;70(8):681-682.
59. Sasidharan CK, Kumar MS, Anoop P, Syamala B, Das BN. Spontaneous regression of retinopathy of prematurity. Indian J Pediatr. 2003 Apr;70(4):359-360.
60. Sasidharan CK, Anoop P. Congenital varicella syndrome. Indian J Pediatr. 2003 Jan;70(1):101-103.
61. 52: Anoop P, Sasidharan CK. Baller-Gerold syndrome. Indian J Pediatr. 2002 Dec;69(12):1097-1098.
62. Sasidharan CK, Anoop P. Anencephaly with placental attachment. Indian J Pediatr. 2002 Nov;69(11):991-992.